Sunday, September 24, 2006

fish and chips and vinegar, vinegar, vinegar...

Here's the thing: we have to make sure that the salt and pepper shakers in our sections are completely full before we leave work, right? But why? Do people get offended when they see that someone who sat at the table before them used a bunch of seasonings? Are they going to think, damn, this food must not be very good if anyone who has ever used this table before needed to spice 'er up a little? In addition, for soups and salads we are to bring a pepper grinder to the table and ask if the "guest" wants any. This, before whoever it is has even tasted her food. So most of the time it's not even a taste thing. Some people just like their pepper.

Really, my point is only that I have a degree, and it's demoralizing to have someone check to make sure I've filled up the shakers before I'm allowed to leave.

Oh, and as to the "guest" thing: I don't demand that actual guests in my home pay for things, and they, in return, don't treat me like crap. So let's just call them customers, shall we? At least I've gotten out of the habit of calling them cussies.

No comments: