Saturday, May 12, 2007

only one out of one hundred... I hope I was doing something good with the hours I didn't waste

So I'm going through Rotten Tomatoes' list of the 100 Worst-Reviewed Films of all time, and I got to number 25 before I ran across one I'd actually seen. I was IN one of the previous ones (well... supposedly, but I don't know if I made the final cut in the background, because I refuse to watch it. Cheaper By the Dozen 2, if you're wondering). Anyway, #25 is Down To You; the only thing I remember from it is Freddie Prinze Jr.'s conversation with a spider. I get sucked into watching these random rom-coms disturbingly often. I feel like that one was the fault of my high school friends, just because most of the instances in which I see terrible movies can be blamed on them. Except for Greendale, which was possibly the strangest thing I ever saw on a big screen. By the way, Jo, Glitter was on the list, but Honey was not.

On a somewhat related note, I saw Waitress tonight with L.Ro. I friggin' loved it. I had an irrational thing against Keri Russell (based pretty much entirely on the fact that in the first episode of Felicity she gave up an amazing school for a BOY. As a nerdy tenth grader, I was outraged, and refused to watch it. What do you want from me? I was fifteen), but she's back in my good graces, and I think I might have to buy it when it comes out on DVD. This was a purely Pajiba-inspired choice; a while ago they posted the trailer, and my interest was piqued. After they gave it a rave review, how could I miss? Also, as a sidenote to those of you who have never worked in the restaurant biz... what Joe does to her in his first appearance is the reason we drink so much. Cussies who do stuff like that. But I guess the ending is reason enough to be nice to them.

L.Ro and I toasted to not being pregnant afterwards at the Bedford Academy. I've been wondering lately what it must feel like to be in the kind of mental place that would allow one to get married and seriously consider spawning. A couple of people I've reconnected with on Facebook are engaged/married/knocked up. I've been on a three date maximum for the past year.

2 comments:

Peter Lynn said...

You're in luck! It only takes one date with me to get knocked up.

Susan said...

Well, that's better than one date being enough to end up engaged or married. But that's still not the way to charm a lady!