Monday, March 12, 2007

I'll make the most of it; I'm an extraordinary machine

Here I am, blogging from the big city! I had a blast of a weekend. I got a little verklempt at work for my last shift; they got me flowers, a plush turtle and a card, and then got me REAL drunk. So I spent my actual birthday hungover and packing up the last of my shit, then unpacking, and then showing off my swinging pad to some friends. And now my life is complete; I again have the internet. The cable guy was entertaining in a slightly creepy way; some guys think that the best way to put a girl at ease is talk about how pretty her smile is. Thanks, random Rogers' employee... can you please just shut up and hook up my internet?

Big plans for today include grocery shopping and watching Corner Gas. Yaaay!

3 comments:

Peter Lynn said...

Did he say it like, "You got a real purty mouth"?

Also, welcome to the neighbourhood!

Susan said...

Noooo... and while I am known for being no good around horror movies, I know enough to realize that abduction and a gruesome murder would shortly follow if he HAD said it like that, and acted appropriately (by behaving hysterically).

And thanks! I'm spending today exploring and purchasing more posters for my bare, depressing walls.

Anonymous said...

Posters are so done, yo. What, are you gonna have that one of Bob Marley smiling and looking up while rolling a spliff? Been to that apartment already. How about Starry Night by Van Gogh? Seen it.

What you need to do is spend a weekend pretending to know how to paint, and call it "abstract." Hey, that's what all my friends do. If you make it chunky, with big splotches of paint, it'll look like that's what you meant to do.

Man, I'm awesome.