Thursday, March 08, 2007

isn't it a pity that you won't kiss these rotten lips or take-me-home eyes?

So, crippling fear of the future is setting in. It's also taking the form of a relapse into depression over past regrets. Not cool, dude. I really can't stand myself when I'm in my own personal soap opera.

But, for Toni, who made me feel better, I link to this: some pictures of an adorable Asian baby.

I have one more shift on Friday (sort of two... it's a split) at work, and then I'm officially unemployed. And the very next day is my 24th birthday and my first day at my new place. I should be excited, and I AM, but I guess right now is the low point of my roller coaster of emotions. Also, I just plain don't want to sort through all this leftover crap in my room.

Oh, I was going to write this long confessional about why, precisely, I'm floundering in a spiral of low self-esteem (because I KNOW why, and the whole thing is just making me more depressed), but I don't have the energy any more. And once my mood picks up again, I'll be all, ugh, why on earth did I write and/or post that? So I'll save us all the trouble and just not do it.

My next post should be from my fantabulous new apartment, and with any luck I'll soon be having ADVENTURES to post about. I'm totally that girl now--moving to the big city on her own to try and make it. There will be NO coyote uglying. I think. I refused to watch that movie, so it may be that I'll be unequipped to avoid it.

4 comments:

Toni said...

I just love adorable Asian babies! It's a vice of mine.

Peter Lynn said...

Good move: Rambling self-pity gives blogging a bad name.

Happy birthday! You have the same birthday as the 12-year-old boy in my fencing club. However, unlike him, you aren't going to have to watch the presentation of a birthday card to another club member who had her birthday last week without getting one yourself. Kind of a slap in the face, don't you think?

Dickolas Wang said...

He's only half-Asian. He makes up for that by being doubly adorable.

Susan said...

A halfie? My very own kind! I feel a sense of kinship with this child. Perhaps I'll kidnap him and begin a new society of halfies, with me as their munificent leader!