Friday, August 03, 2007

I took like, three showers yesterday

I'm pretty much sick of this heat wave. How about all of you?

It's a favourite Canadian pastime to complain about the weather (unless you live on the West coast, where apparently everything is fabulous all the time... bastards). I've got two fans on, full-blast, but really it's not the heat in my apartment that's getting me. It's the fact that I have to work on patios that gets my goat (and makes me smell like one). This one lady started going on about how EVERYONE was complaining that it was SO HOT, but really, if you just sit in one place, having a drink, it was actually very pleasant. THANKS A LOT, LADY. Did you ever think about the girl in the black t-shirt, faux-wool kilt, and black knee socks who's bringing you and the other hordes of patio-worshippers their drinks?

Actually, I'm somewhat grateful for the kilt. In this weather, I will take a bit of a breeze around my nether regions if I can get it. There is, however, nothing quite like the sweet relief of taking off a pair of knee socks after an eight hour shift.

A year ago, I was in France. I miss France. Linds has demanded that I come up with a good acronym for my Europe savings (something at least as good as the SHIT fund--Susan: Home In Toronto), so I'm taking any suggestions you people have.

In other news, I never told you guys about the bender of a weekend I had. It's a long story, and I'm very hot right now, so I'll just tell you that I ill-advisedly gave some guy my number, and I may be roped into seeing him at some point soon. He seems nice enough; I just always feel leery about guys I meet at clubs (which is why I don't usually give out my number) because I so rarely go to them. It seems like being at one automatically gives people a certain impression of you, just by association. And, similarly, I don't know if I like the kind of guys who frequent them.

I do wish I had a boyfriend who has air-conditioning, though.

No comments: