Saturday, August 25, 2007

remember, this doesn't mean that I like you

I kind of hate Flixster. Randoms keep adding me as friends, which isn't the WORST thing ever, except for the fact that most of them send me messages like this: "aw, baby girl, y u cryin? ill make u smile!" My profile picture there is the same one I have here, in case that made no sense to you. It didn't to me, either, until I took a minute to look at my profile again.

Also, many of these people have LOUSY taste in movies.

But still, I could just ignore all of this, except that I keep accidentally approving these friend requests. There doesn't seem to be a "Pointedly Ignore Friend Request" button, and so, if I'm bidden to come and check out the stupid friend messages I get, I've twice now absentmindedly tried to get to another page, and, in so doing, inadvertently aligned myself with the likes of a woman whose profile is in ALL CAPS (so she's effectively shouting about her love for terrible movies), and a guy who has set up a thing on his profile that plays a tinny (and also BAD) pop song over scenes from movies, or SOMETHING like that (because I've never had the patience to watch it, once I figured out what was aurally interrupting my regularly scheduled Hellogoodbye ingestion).

Whew. Anyway, I just spent a few minutes weeding through and removing all of these randoms from my friend list. I mainly like Flixster for the Facebook application--ACTUAL Flixster I find annoying. I've actually had an account on there for a long time, even though I barely used it from the time I signed up until it got itself attached to FB. This guy I used to have a thing with had sent me one of those "sign up and compare movie tastes!" bullshit emails, and at the time, I was tickled pink that he was thinking of me. Being older and wiser, of course, I've now realized that he probably sent it to everyone on his contact list.

Tomorrow, I've got a day off. My last day off was August 1, and I had a staff meeting that day, so it wasn't even a real one. Granted, there have been a few days in there in which I worked for less than four hours, but just knowing that you have to go to work colours your entire day. Anyway, I mention it because I'm going to spend all day at the Ex, eating BeaverTails and goofing off. Delicious!

No comments: