Saturday, February 03, 2007

come on mood shift, shift back to good again

Good and bad news. My brother has extracted the hard drive from my old compy, so I can get my downloaded tuneskis off of it. The bad news is, I've somehow fucked up what I already had in my iTunes (it may MOSTLY be my fault, but I never claimed to be a genius), so I'm going to have to re-rip a bunch of cds--once I figure out which ones I deleted. So, go me.

Began the Great Apartment Search of 2007 on Tuesday. Fell a little in love with the Church-Wellesley area, so I think I'm going to focus there until I get my heart broken and have to settle for Bloor-Sherbourne, or somewhere else entirely.

I have had the most ridiculously bad week and a half at work. It was kicked off by a very expensive dine'n'dash, continued through an open/close split shift, and then we had the most insane lunch ever had at a TJ's. And that's just the bare bones of it. The full story would make you weep. I desperately need a vacation; I'm at the end of my rope, patience-wise, with customers and coworkers alike. There's this kid in the kitchen named Kyle who I am straight up going to kill, just for being as dumb as a post.

But I can't help but be excited about life a month from now.

6 comments:

Peter Lynn said...

Hey, you know who used to live in the Church-Wellesley area? Gay Stinkerton (this was before he was called Jay Pinkerton). He moved there when he first got to Toronto from his very small town because it was the first place he could find an apartment at a reasonable rate. Then, when he moved in, his dad saw all the men with moustaches walking around hand in hand and asked Jay if he had anything he wanted to tell him (about his sexuality). So, if you look in that round apartment on Alexander St., you might be able to find something cheap. Plus, you'd live in the same building as Bellini from the Kids in the Hall; I ran into Scott Thompson in the elevator one day when he was on his way to visit Bellini and I was on my way to visit Jay.

Also, if you move to the Church-Wellesley or Bloor-Sherbourne areas, you would live relatively close to me, as I am merely across the viaduct in Greektown. But that may not be a selling point.

Susan said...

These are all selling points! I would, however, begin staring at every David Spade look-alike I spotted, wondering if I was looking at the fabled Peter Lynn himself.

Peter Lynn said...

Ah, I don't have that hair anymore. Or hair, really. And I'm hard to spot because I don't like to leave my house. That said, one of my fencing practice facilities is at Carleton and Sherbourne, so I'm in that neighborhood once a week, on Sundays, carrying a bag full of swords.

Susan said...

Hmm... it SOUNDS like an invitation to stalk you, but you will be armed as well. This requires some careful consideration. And possibly surveillance.

Peter Lynn said...

I've often wondered how useful a foil would be in a street fight, especially when we were practicing down at Queen and Sherbourne, which is a pretty sketchy neighborhood. I've concluded that it probably wouldn't be that practical; once I unslung my bag from my shoulder, set it down, unzipped it, and took out my foil, all I could really do is poke my attacker, and that really doesn't hurt that much because practice foils aren't not sharp. Unless I scored a lucky hit to the eye, all an attacker would have to do is brush it aside and close distance. (That said, it might at least give an attacker pause if his victim suddenly took out a sword.)

So basically, now that I've thought about it, I don't feel safe at all anymore. I'm at your mercy.

Susan said...

Plus, I used to do a very little fencing at Guelph; knowing that the worst you could do is thwack me a nice bruise wouldn't stop me if I was bent on some Misery-style kidnapping. See you soon!