Tuesday, April 10, 2007

at least I'm not watching that stupid Freddie Prinze Jr movie that's on

All I'm saying is, I bought sleeping pills on the expectation that they'd knock me out. I even doubled the dosage, on the advice of my beloved Jowie, who I go to for advice on how to either pass out or freakishly stay awake (I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so... SCARED!). And yet here I am, perfectly able to type random missives and send them off into the ether. Which is where I'd like to be. Is it possible that I'm subconsciously fighting off the effects, because I have a silly macho thing about besting the pills at their own game? I know I have to take ridiculously strong pain medication for my headaches, but that's due to having chronic headaches since childhood. Surely I can let the sleeping pills do their thing without a fuss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Melatonin? It's what is usually prescribed for people suffering from jet-lag to get their clocks back on track. I used it a couple of times and it seems to do the trick.