Thursday, April 05, 2007

I'm so happy, oh so happy, then again, I'm always sad

I'm currently eating the breakfast food of champions (by which I, oddly enough for me, do not mean a pile of meat). It's a mess of vanilla almond Special K, All Bran, a handful of extra almonds, and strawberry yogurt. I only mention it because I finally got the proportions right, and instead of being glue-like in texture, it's a bowl of delicious. I'm still eating it really fast though, because eventually that yogurt is going to soak on through and make everything super soggy.

It's an exciting life I lead, alright. But the hobo lifestyle is about to come to an end. I accepted a job at a new restaurant opening up on Bloor. Training starts next week. I was getting incredibly depressed by my life when the call came, but now with the promise of a job, I can kick back and relax and enjoy my slacker dream. My long journey towards employment included such highlights as a Medieval Times job fair (they offered me the job on the spot, but I declined. I prefer to refer to myself as a beer wench ironically, rather than literally) and an incredibly long test taken at Jack Astor's. They just called, in fact, but I've decided to bet on the unknown. The manager sounded gratifyingly disappointed, however, and told me to call her if it turns out I hate the other place. It's nice to be considered awesome by someone who's never met you.

So far I love living in Toronto. If I get bored, I can just wander the streets with my iPod and people-watch. I've become addicted to sushi (I've had it the last two days in a row, and I'd go again right now if someone asked me. It's possible they put crack in it). I've been going out and seeing people, and people have been coming to see me. I just miss how full my life was at Guelph, I guess. Looking back, I can't imagine how I had the energy for everything.

No comments: