Sunday, December 03, 2006

to save you from your old ways

Hilarious and random night. I had picked up Martin's cocktail shift, which entails working the five booths in the bar until the dinner rush is over--usually a pretty short and sweet shift. The bartenders, however, decided to show their love for me by playing a practical joke on me. They stole all the stuff out of my servery and left me ransom notes. It WAS really funny, but now I have to exact bloody vengeance.

Anyway, since I finished up at eight thirty on a Saturday night, a trip to the big city to hang with Jamie was in order. I ended up going to a metal/goth/80's/new wave rock bar (Velvet Underground, in case you were wondering) with him and three of his friends, who all turned out to be hilarious cut-ups on the dance floor. I've seriously never seen guys get down with their bad selves like those guys were. I really wish I hadn't been driving, because getting smashed and outrageous with them would have been awesome. As it was, one of them treated us to his tres un-PC views on women, the homeless, and stealing bikes all the way from the bar until I dropped him off.

The only thing was, we were dancing right beside the speakers all night, so I'm having some trouble hearing right now. And I'm sure I'm in for quite the headache tomorrow. But other than that, it was exactly what I needed to bust me out of my doldrums.

No comments: