Wednesday, July 04, 2007

" This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell outta here."

I spent a sizeable portion of the day at the local walk-in clinic, sporting the latest in fashionable face gear. You just look MORE infectious while wearing a disposable mask, you know? I liked the doctor I eventually saw, though. He said I could infect whomever I pleased once I left the building. I like a GP with a sense of humour.

The medical interlude did allow me to finish reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being. I can't say it's going on my top ten list, but I don't regret having read it. Maybe I'll relate to it more when I'm older, and I have a few failed romances and huge life disappointments under my belt.

I bought seasons one and two of The Office as a get well present to me. I'm madly in love with John Krasinski, thanks in no small part to this:



So obviously the thing to do is feed my obsession.

I'm hoping to go back to work tomorrow. I need money, now that I've decided to save up for Europe, because I clearly need to pay off Visa and make rent every month on top of all that.

No comments: