Wednesday, November 22, 2006

don't you tell me about my cones

Went shopping, and I actually stuck to my guns and bought new work pants and new running shoes. I caved and got Nikes though. My youthful boycott of all things Nike has ended in a pair of shoes that have shiny bits, clear bits, mesh bits, and the ubiquitous swoosh. They're pretty intense. I didn't get the REALLY intense pair though. They were clear all around the sole, so you could see the shocks. Yes, they scared me.

Speaking of things that scare me, I also went ahead and tried on a pair of skinny jeans. I've avoided trying them because of the visceral fear that I would look like an asshat in them, seeing as they are generally intended for women who balance on sticks in lieu of actual human legs. But in a moment of insanity in H&M, I went for it. It was cone-legged city, but they weren't actually AS bad as I thought they'd be. Fear not, I didn't end up buying them.

Shopping for work pants was pretty depressing. Old Navy let me down, so I went to Mark's Work Wearhouse. It is HARD to find a pair of heavyweight, mostly cotton, black dress pants that aren't too long (my cones are short and stubby, alright?), and flatter the bottom (I gotta make tips somehow). But I found a pair that aren't too heinous and had no soccer mom details to them.

Learning the foxtrot tonight, and then it's coffee with my gal Jo.

No comments: