Thursday, November 09, 2006

ramblings about my day

Today was a full day. I woke up at six twenty, showered, and drove to London to be on Emo's Fanshawe TV Morning Show. She was producing, so, being somewhat qualified in the performing arts, and having nothing to do in the mornings (besides sweet sweet sleep, but more on that later), I took this opportunity to practice being charming in front of a camera. It was good solid times; apparently most of the guests are somewhat stilted, and we all know that I am a narcissistic ham in front of a camera, so how could I fail? It was weird meeting her posse in person, because I've seen so many youTube videos of them (and vice versa) that I felt like I'd already known them for awhile. Anyway, I was interviewed about my experiences as a television and film extra, so I nattered on about various things that I only vaguely remember--what? It was a whole year ago, alright? I gotta make room for new stuff in my head. Why am I getting confrontational on my blog again? Shut up, that's why.

Em and I grabbed lunch at Kelsey's. I had a ridiculous burger. It was delicious, but filling. Then we hung out for a bit, but we were both completely zonked. I hadn't seen that side of the morning in awhile, and she'd pulled an all nighter to prepare for the rigours of production. So I drove back home and immediately broke my resolution not to nap anymore. But it's a good thing I did, because we learned the basics of jive at ballroom tonight (ROUGH), and then Jo and I grabbed dessert at TJ's, where those bastards didn't have the Turtle Pie I'd come expressly for. I reccomend it to people constantly, but I've never actually had it. But giggles were had and Jo was exposed to some of my coworkers, but unfortunately missed catching a glimpse of laptop guy.

If apple.com and FedEx are to be believed, I should have my ipod around noon tomorrow. And then I will share my inscription with the world.

I really enjoy My Chemical Romance's new single. I used to listen to their cd because someone had abandoned it in the costume shop, so whenever I forgot to bring my own (and Denis wasn't around... he was more of a classical music kind of guy, although he appreciated my Lovin' Spoonfuls cd), I'd just load 'er up. Can't remember any of the songs in any detail, but this "Welcome to the Black Parade" song is striking a chord with me for some reason. It's odd, because it doesn't seem like the kind of thing I'd be into. I'm renewing my love for Elliott Smith as well. This ipod project is fun!

Man. I don't actually have anything of particular interest to say. I just felt like rambling to someone, and what is this blog for if not a receptacle for my unnecessary thoughts?

1 comment:

Peter Lynn said...

No, this blog is a receptacle for your unnecessary dramatics.