Monday, November 06, 2006

I see you're climbing a tree and I know that it's easier to be high up in the air than the ground

The ipod has been ordered, and apple.com has informed me that it has been shipped! I'm pretty excited. I'll tell you what I got engraved when it gets here; I don't know why I'm feeling like telling you now would be spoiling a surprise of some kind, because most of you are not even going to see the damn thing, but there you have it. I want it in my hot little hands before I publish my witty genius to the world. Mother will not be impressed, I'm going to tell you that right off.

I'm strangely addicted to Chelsea Hotel #2 by Leonard Cohen right now. My new project is to fill up my computer with songs to put on my ipod, and I loaded the two disc Essential Leonard Cohen. itunes took a shine to it, and kept playing it when I turned on the shuffle (shuffle on itunes is low on the actual shuffle, I've discovered... it picks its favourites, and you're damn lucky if that coincides with yours).

I've decided to boycott naps entirely. Yesterday I actually worked a daytime shift, and man alive, it was rough. I was making rookie mistakes and generally wandering around in a haze. Apparently I need more than one cup of coffee if I'm to function before four pm. Closing the night before probably didn't help. Anyway, after I got home, I ate dinner and then passed right out from eight thirty to eleven thirty. And then I was up until five this morning. Not cool, dude. This week all five shifts are closes, so at least I'll have some consistency. Now I've had a whole bunch of coffee and sugar, so tonight should be alright until I crash. It occurs to me that I'm probably not as healthy as I could be.

No comments: