Saturday, November 04, 2006

just forget the world

Hungover again. I ended up going out with an old friend, Tiff, who I've known since elementary school, but rarely see anymore. We've always kind of been peripheral friends--in the same general group, but closer to other people within it. She's doing her masters in some kind of science-y, bio-y, medicine-y thing at UofT. What I mean by that is I have no clue what she's actually doing. Anyway, it was some kind of classmate get-together, which was a little weird for me, being a kooky drama grad from Guelph. Three of the other girls were petite, Asian, non-drinkers. I had my four-inch heels on, red lipstick, and was demonstrating the shopping cart dance (Tiff was not impressed). I kind of feel like I'm the type of person they wouldn't ordinarily be exposed to socially. The club was alright, but I never really go clubbing anymore, so I was appalled by the expensive drinks and the wannabe Euro-trash guys. Still, I got drunk and danced foolishly when they played selections of oldies near the end of the night, so good times.

I had a moment where I thought perhaps all these studious science types would judge me for being a waitress with a degree in drama, but then I mentally slapped myself. I've never wanted that life, so what's the point in feeling inadequate?

No comments: