Wednesday, October 11, 2006

and I shot down the moon for you, that's right

I'm pretty much addicted to that song by Gomez (second of the three videos I posted the other day). And since I'm punking the use of my parents' computer these days, I just keep playing the video on YouTube and minimize the window. You know what word looks super funny if you stare at it a lot? Minimize. Minimize. Should that have been minimizing in that sentence? Did I lose all of my aptitude with tenses when I left school? Should I stop thinking about it and move on? Yes.

I am at total loose ends today. I'm going to take my computer in to the shop finally, and I have to go for a jog at some point. But I haven't had a Wednesday off since Europe, I think, and it feels very strange. Dance classes start tonight, but my partner's cancelled on me. He couldn't get tonight off work. I guess that makes us even, because I couldn't make it to the pirate festival with him in August. Seriously, I know the strangest people.

It worries me that I'd rather work all week and make some money than have a day off. I need a life, stat. Or a good book to read. Incidentally, I read The Da Vinci Code last week. You know what Dan Brown needed? A quality ghost writer. The ideas and whatnot were stellar. The writing, not so much. At least it was a quick read. But I can't help but wonder what Neal (fuckin') Stephenson would have done with the same information. Maybe I'll re-read The Diamond Age. The only thing about his books are their total lack of purse-portability. For serious, they're all these huge tomes. The paperbacks pack some serious heft.

Missed Studio 60 this week. I'm not super broken up about it, though, because it's just not as amazing as The West Wing. Oh, Martin Sheen. My love for you is sick and weird.

No comments: