Wednesday, October 18, 2006

now, I need a change of scenery

My new song obsession is "By the Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth" by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. It's a grower, so if you actually go out of your way to listen to some of the music I talk about, you're going to have to listen to it a couple times before you love it. It's another rando that Rob sent me, and I admit to saying a hearty, "What the shit am I listening to?" at first. But I should not have doubted the all-mighty Rob and his stellar taste in music.

I'm feeling kind of down lately. I know a big chunk of that is hormonal--it's unfortunate that knowing these things doesn't make it go away--and another chunk is general existential angst, and then there's things I'm not going to go into here. It just feels like life in general is dragging by, but MY life, in particular, is wasting away fast.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll snap out of it shortly. The good thing about being on a roller coaster of emotion is that the downs don't last that long either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like the music that i like. i hope that you do too.